Auteur: Koos Slagter
When developing new products, new processes and new markets it is crucial that organizations continue to deliver products to existing customers in a sustainable, innovative and competitive way. This book shows how to do just that. . .
To be an effective innovative organization, both the value chain and the innovation process have to be coordinated properly in order to attain the organization's main goals. This requires challenging managerial decisions combined with balanced coordination of activities at a strategic, tactical and operational level.
In an exploratory way this new book presents several concepts related to the management of technology-oriented innovation and problem solving-based business management research. The goal of this book is to develop the reader's knowledge, skills and attitudes, based on learning by doing, in these areas focusing on technology-oriented innovation from a managerial perspective.
Effective Innovation in Practice is essential for students, studying abroad at Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences, who are involved with technology-oriented learning programmes, and for managers interested in, and working on, innovation management issues in organizational practices. In systemizing the innovation process, this book is also useful for professionals working on innovation issues within innovation teams, process change teams, and product development teams.
After reading this book, and, in particular, by applying the recommended learning approach, readers will acquire:
* an innovation management knowledge base;
* methodological research skills to cope effectively with a broad spectrum of innovation issues in practice;
* a critical approach to using innovation concepts for problem solving practices in relation to decision-making;
* encouragement to explore analytical abilities and conceptualizing skills in order to cope with complex innovation situations;
* a systematic approach with regard to problem solving, dealing with it in an interdisciplinary way.
The Effective Innovation in Practice methode comprises this textbook, a workbook and a website (www. innovationcenter. nl)