Kijk op Boeken Auteur: David Crystal
A revolution in language publishing In this hook. David Crystal systematically explores the history, structure, variety, and range of uses of the English language worldwide.
Clear and accessible, The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language abounds with insights into how the language evolved and how it works. All aspects of English are covered: • The history of English
• Grammar, pronunciation, and spelling
• Spoken and written English
• Regional and social variations — accents and dialects
• New words, jargon, slang, and cliches
• English in use — in science, law, politics, advertising, the media
• The huge range and creativity of the English vocabulary
• Language in literature
• Language in humour
• Teaching and learning the language
• English as a world language
• The future of English
Rich and detailed, the book is essential to all those studying the language. Difficult concepts and technical terms are explained in a simple and accessible way, and the glossary provides definitions of any unfamiliar terms.
Packed with striking colour illustrations, boxed features and panels, and offering surprising insights, anecdotes and examples on every page, this is an invaluable source of reference for all language lovers.
Selecteer hieronder het gewenste exemplaar:
PostNL aan huis: Voor 16.00u besteld, vandaag nog verzonden met PostNL.